Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God's will, my walk...

So many things are changing in my life.  Everything from marriages falling apart to an old and sweet friend's sick grand baby and so many dear friends having to say good bye to their little angels who came too early to stay on this earth.  In my immediate life, a relationship ended, children and grand children moved away and new friends have been brought into my life by my loving God to sustain me and walk with me along this journey.

It never ceases to amaze me at how quickly a life can change; how quickly a path changes direction.  It can happen almost between breathes.  I do not understand how those with no hope in Christ can possibly navigate their way.  I lean so heavily on His promises and direction and still find myself lost in the maze many times.  So I ask myself, what is it God is trying to show me?  Where does He need me most?  I am learning, from a dear friend who does not even realize she is teaching me, that I must wait; wait on the Lord.  He will show me the way.  How long do I wait?  I don't have an answer for that but George Mueller comes to mind.  He says that he prayed for a particular desire of his heart for more than 50 years before he received his answer from God.  He says he never wavered.  He  held on tight to God's promises and spoke with God each day about his wants, as well as his thanksgivings.  Now that is faith in the One you go to for answers.  I want that faith.  I don't just want it for a moment when I am in question.  I want it every minute of every day to take with me as a sword by my side in my walk.  I want it for today and for the future.  I want it when I don't feel the need to wait but bust in and do it myself. If I could just quiet my mind and sooth my soul long enough to listen to the words of His voice...but of course I know, I cannot sooth myself, but the Holy Spirit in me is my source of strength.  He alone works that desire to "be still and know that I am God" and really let strength pour over me.

So, today like so many days, I will continue to recite the promises from Jeremiah 29:11..."I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Father, God~
My life is yours...it is not mine.  Please continue to work in me and refine me until I am recognizable to you.  I am daily thankful for my salvation.  I am beyond thankful that You chose me as your child when so many will be lost.  Holy Spirit continue to work in me, to listen and not speak, to be still and not do, to forgive and not be bitter. Help me to wait on You and grow my faith until I can one day ask in such faith that I know the answer will come in your time and I can be at peace with that.  Thank you, Jesus for taking my sin with you to the cross and loving me through your suffering.  You are my only hope!
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment